Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Members only sections

Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Did you also get a domain name?

On the GD control panel, look for a thing were they install scripts for you automatically. There will be a lot of them, like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Etc.

Pick WordPress and follow the instructions.

Let us know when you get that far, and provide us with a link so we can see.
    You know, i coulda sworn i got a free domain name with the account but after i did it i couldnt figure out how to get it.. I thought i did what i was suppose to do when purchasing the hosting but i must have made a mistake somewhere! I havent had a chance to get to my laptop today but i plan on getting that tonight and then building a quick site for myself.

The site i am needing the members only/wordpress is not for me and after talking more with the guy seems like its going no where.. He sounds like someone thats going to procrastinate and i dont think he is too serious about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vapr_Arts; Jan 04th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Good idea to create your own website by installing wordpress and making it work. You can use their default themes or find your own (using Google). Play around with it and when you feel like you can do it, you can completely erase everything and try something else, or continue learning more about wordpress.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Good idea to create your own website by installing wordpress and making it work. You can use their default themes or find your own (using Google). Play around with it and when you feel like you can do it, you can completely erase everything and try something else, or continue learning more about wordpress.
    I just finished a web design class that used Dreamweaver, it was a basic class and i intended it to be the only class i took as it was going to be just for me, but i believe i have grown to really like coding and i may be changing my major or minor to it, but for now i will continue to learn thru Dreamweaver.. My site should be up in a few days i just got my domain name so all thats left is to actually put together something decent that i wouldn't be embarrassed to call "my site".

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    You're going to have a problem with Dreamweaver ....
    Yes, you can create a nice website, but for anything dynamic, you're going to need server-side scripting, such as PHP w/ MySQLi

You can't do that with Dreamweaver unless you either have your own webhost server (WAMP) and you use the plain text editor on DW to do the scripting.

Show us the site you have online when you get it, and then describe what it can and can't do because you have not yet learned server-side scripting.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    You're going to have a problem with Dreamweaver ....
    Yes, you can create a nice website, but for anything dynamic, you're going to need server-side scripting, such as PHP w/ MySQLi

You can't do that with Dreamweaver unless you either have your own webhost server (WAMP) and you use the plain text editor on DW to do the scripting.

Show us the site you have online when you get it, and then describe what it can and can't do because you have not yet learned server-side scripting.
    I have gotten the MAMP server, and i will have the site up in a few days.. I dont have alot to put up yet so it should be quick n simple..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads