Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Mobile design limitations

I have been trying to do some research on responsive sites and it seems responsive sites are all designed similar.. I understand its because of the size of the display, just curious to know what people have seem in a mobile side of a responsive site that made it stand out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Pick up your mobile and try to tap your way through a site that isn't mobile optimized. You'll find no shortage of "limitations". The biggest thing you'll notice is that anything that relies on mouse hover events is completely inaccessible.

The reason most mobile views on responsive sites are incredibly similar can be boiled down to 2 things:

1. The design concept is still fairly new, we're discovering what works at this point and innovative design will be slow until we have a good, industry-wide handle on that.

2. Way too many sites are being built with Bootstrap or another similar framework, which are designed around what Twitter looks like on mobile, so that native-app look is pretty well baked into the code from the start.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Pick up your mobile and try to tap your way through a site that isn't mobile optimized. You'll find no shortage of "limitations". The biggest thing you'll notice is that anything that relies on mouse hover events is completely inaccessible.

The reason most mobile views on responsive sites are incredibly similar can be boiled down to 2 things:

1. The design concept is still fairly new, we're discovering what works at this point and innovative design will be slow until we have a good, industry-wide handle on that.

2. Way too many sites are being built with Bootstrap or another similar framework, which are designed around what Twitter looks like on mobile, so that native-app look is pretty well baked into the code from the start.
    I understand this, i was more or less interested in designs people have seen that made them stand out compared to the millions similar.. Wether it be a design or specific feature, i am just interested to see what others have seen/done since i am one of the more inexperienced people on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove Ads