Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DC Web Design

Thread: What do you recommend to make a simple site like these?

Member #

What do you recommend to make a simple site like these?

Hi,

What would be the best and easiest way to make a marketplace type website like the ones below? Any specific prebuilt software/scripts you can recommend? Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ETC1337; Jan 16th, 2014 at 02:46 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Is there some reason you're obfuscating the screenshot of that site? It would help if we could actually see the site itself, examine the code, and determine if that site you're thinking of uses a pre-built script already.

Also, is BitCoin payment processing something you're looking for specifically?

Member #
    Well the material listed for sale might not be allowed to be posted here so I blacked it out. I will post unedited screens if I am allowed.

And yes BitCoin payment is a necessity.

Thanks for the reply

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ETC1337 View Post
    Well the material listed for sale might not be allowed to be posted here so I blacked it out. I will post unedited screens if I am allowed.

And yes BitCoin payment is a necessity.

Thanks for the reply
    It won't really matter if the screenshots aren't blacked out, what I wanted to see was the code for any clues on what system it's running.

Without knowing that, well I'm a WordPress guy so I can offer my suggestion based on WordPress. Maybe others can chime in with their thoughts on alternatives.

You can use WordPress (free), WooCommerce (free), WooCommerce Product Vendors Addon ($79), and this plugin (free): WordPress ? Bitcoin Payments for WooCommerce WordPress Plugins

The Product Vendors addon is for the "marketplace" (letting users upload their own stuff) functionality, FYI.

It's a pretty cheap way to get set up with a feature-rich marketplace site. I'm not too familiar with BitCoin, is "Electrum" a common wallet to use?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    For the sake of this conversation, go ahead and post the links.

I have a question, though...do you have a unique idea for your site?

An overall comment: "best" and "cheapest" don't usually go together. The "best" is to build it yourself and build it properly. Just taking scripts and trying to build something usually doesn't get it done.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Okay here are the links

pandorajodqp5zrr.onion.to

silkroad6ownowfk.onion.to

Like I said I don't want to get in trouble for the content of the links.

Other forums are saying they are running a custom CMS and it will extremely hard to replicate on of these sites.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Just so people know what he's talking about:
    PANDORA - BITCOIN MARKETPLACE - WHAT IS INSIDE ?

On Pandora, you can find almost anything from drugs (WEED, COCAINE, ECSTASY, LSD, STEROIDS) and many more ...
    Since he's talking about building a similar site and we have to see that site to know what he's talking about, I'm going to allow it for now even though I normally wouldn't pending the answer to this question: ETC1337, are you planning on doing anything illegal? If so, we can't have that. If you're studying the sites for academic purposes because you want to build a clean version of what they have (and by clean, I'm talking straightedge clean), that's okay.

To everyone else...view at your own risk.

With that said, the other places you've gotten answers from are correct. That is definitely a custom CMS and somehow they hid it behind the Tor network. Building the pages themselves would not be especially difficult...what would pose an issue is being behind the Tor network. I know nothing about it, and chances are you're not going to find a lot or get a lot of help.

This is definitely not a project for a rookie programmer.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thank you for you help theGAME1264.

Yes I would be building a site similar for legal purposes. So besides it being on the tor network it wouldnt be to hard to build one myself? And isnt a tor website the same as any other website in terms of how it is built?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Not really sure. If it's hosted inside of the Tor network, there may be additional development issues to take into consideration.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    All right, not even going to get into the obvious legal ramifications of running a site like this (FBI raids, anyone?). Also I have no idea about running a site on Tor. I can just comment on the development side of things.

If you want to go the custom CMS route, you have a few options: learn to program it yourself (will take a long time, assuming you're not familiar with this sort of coding to begin with), hire someone to clone it (will cost a lot of money), ask the site operator nicely for a copy of the script (would not hold my breath).

Or, you could go with a more DIY route with the WordPress solution I mapped out above. I think that may be your most realistic option.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Remove Ads