Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Having form entries organize in a database-- how?

We have a site made in Weebly with some custom forms, and we have them set up so form entries come to us via email.

But we would like form entries to go onto a database, or a json file or something like that.

And to make it complex, a customer fills out a few different forms. For example, page 1 is name and address. They hit continue to go to page 2, which asks for birth date and sex, etc. I want all form entries per individual to organize on 1 page or in 1 place.

Any tips on how to do this?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    With Weebly, can you use a database? I didn't think you could do any PHP scripting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    With Weebly, can you use a database? I didn't think you could do any PHP scripting.
    No I don't think you can.

So, is there a better CMS environment were we can do this? Wordpress? Drupal? concrete5? Something else?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Get your own real website with a shared webhost like godaddy and also your own domain name. Then you have all possibilities like wordpress or your own hand-made scripting. You can do anything you want.

Member #
    We have our own domain and the site is hosted by godaddy.

All the forms are done with embed code from a separate form builder.

Is there not a way to make these form entries go into an organized report?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Sure there is. It'll require a database and code to put the form contents into the database and generate whatever reports you want. Max never said there wasn't.

Now, if you're looking for a Joomla/W*rdPr*ss/Drupal or something, that's hard to say because it depends on the forms themselves and what you want them to do. Personally, I'd suggest learning how to code yourself and build the forms.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You also have another issue here that is important. It sounds like you are asking the customer to give personal information, like birthday? How much information are you obtaining? Perhaps you should be using a secure webhost server, something GoDaddy offers, but at a higher cost?

Each form they fill out get written to the MySQLi database. Once all data is in place, you could use PHP FPDF to create a one-page PDF output of the customer information. I'm not sure how you want to display or present the final information.

Can you show us the forms that are filled out? That might help me answer this better.

Remove Ads