Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: my design portfolio

  1. #1
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times

    my design portfolio

    I was following some tutorial at youtube,then i followed it but different content for my content for my portfolio, so that i could pass it on to the company that i will apply because they would to see my solid portfolio.

    here it is

    12.jpg

    rjenterprises.site90.com/index.htm#
    Last edited by graphicnerd; Jan 29th, 2014 at 01:47 PM.

  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,772
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    723 times
    I don't understand the original post. What are you asking us?


  4. #3
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I don't understand the original post. What are you asking us?
    is this quite good enough to present for web design application?

  5. #4
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,772
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    723 times
    It sounds like a small company has asked you to design a website for them? Is that correct?

    They should have already given you specifications on how they would like their site to be layed out. Perhaps they have drawn a sketch on what the main page should look like and what other pages are needed. Did they provide you with that?

    To just grab a template online and present it doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    I'm assuming the image you're showing us is from a template by Themeforest or Codecanyon?


  6. #5
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    It sounds like a small company has asked you to design a website for them? Is that correct?

    They should have already given you specifications on how they would like their site to be layed out. Perhaps they have drawn a sketch on what the main page should look like and what other pages are needed. Did they provide you with that?

    To just grab a template online and present it doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    I'm assuming the image you're showing us is from a template by Themeforest or Codecanyon?

    here is the link, not yet styled with css though.

    DesignPortfolio

  7. #6
    Senior Member DC Web Design's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    38178
    Liked
    37 times
    Looks like you're using Boostrap to get started. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they tend to produce a very generic-looking site when it's all said and done. I fear that this site won't be much different.

    Everything in the "hero" header and above looks good.

    Below, things start to get a little wonky. There's not enough whitespace in certain areas. The footer navigation doesn't appear to be styled at all. Things just look off.

    Like you said, it is "not yet styled with css though" ...perhaps the web design reviews section would be more appropriate when you have a more finished product?
    graphicnerd likes this.

  8. #7
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,772
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    723 times
    I'm still not understanding this thread ....

    Is that website something you created for a company?
    Or is that website a template you found online that you wish to use?

    What exactly are you doing? Can you explain what your goal is?


  9. #8
    Senior Member graphicnerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    196
    Member #
    37739
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I'm still not understanding this thread ....

    Is that website something you created for a company?
    Or is that website a template you found online that you wish to use?

    What exactly are you doing? Can you explain what your goal is?
    a website to a company, but i really need some portfolio to get a job from a future company also.

    Quote Originally Posted by DC Web Design View Post
    Looks like you're using Boostrap to get started. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they tend to produce a very generic-looking site when it's all said and done. I fear that this site won't be much different.

    Everything in the "hero" header and above looks good.

    Below, things start to get a little wonky. There's not enough whitespace in certain areas. The footer navigation doesn't appear to be styled at all. Things just look off.

    Like you said, it is "not yet styled with css though" ...perhaps the web design reviews section would be more appropriate when you have a more finished product?

    i put the link above my post, could you evaluate it again, thank you so much for your help

  10. #9
    Senior Member DC Web Design's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    38178
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicnerd View Post
    i put the link above my post, could you evaluate it again, thank you so much for your help
    Definitely not as wonky below the hero header anymore. Very good use of whitespace and a huge improvement over the last time I saw them.

    I think those icons are new, above About Us, Services, etc. Are those placeholders? Right now they seem to not really fit with the rest of the design. And not really relevant either. Like why is an icon of a dude above the "Gallery" heading?

  11. #10
    Junior Member Webbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    6
    Member #
    38580
    Liked
    1 times
    I am a freelance Website Design / Developer, have been working in the industry for around 6 years. Looks good to me. Depending on how much they have paid I think there is a very good chance they will be happy with this.

    [EDIT: no fake signatures, please. TheGAME1264]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Feb 26th, 2014 at 02:56 PM.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com