Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Ok GAME. I like your view of SEO. You're viewing it from the perspective of: conversions/increase revenue vs page rank. Fair enough. Just wanted to say that I share a similar perspective. That keyword gets about 140 hits a month and it's a fairly decent buy phrase IMO, meaning that's what people would be searching for if they were looking for local web companies. That includes 'hawaii' in the phrase. I got you, I got you.

Do you have a blog at all? I'd love to subscribe to your thoughts and comment on them. But I'm guessing with all your activity on this forum that this forum is pretty much your blog to express your ideas.

Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    doh!

@TheGame,
    Looks like we have an SEO Executive here. You might want to ask him/her some questions and learn a few things about SEO.
    Lol. It's hard going through all the SEO reads. Some reads are outdated. Some are black hat. Some are grey hat. Some are people who read too much and now just regurgitate what they read as scripture to everyone else, even though it may be inaccurate or outdated. And funniest of all: there is no real authority, just speculation based on what people might read on Google's Matt Cutt's page.

It's hard enough for me. I can't imagine how difficult it might be for regular business guys looking for an SEO boost and trying to figure out why SEO marketing firm to hire.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamalaminfotech View Post
    If you can integrate website with blog updation , you need to concentrate to design sitemap for that. Because you're in static domain for website URLs. if you integrate with blog into website means, you will aware about dynamic website URL creation on your website.Even you will design sitemap for those links updation with more frequentation. So Be aware that. if you create sitemap,make it manual not depends with tools for sitemap generation.

I am loving to interact with more questions like that!

Shiva Shakthi - SEO Executive in (edit: spammy link #1 removed by TheGAME1264)

Kamalaminfotech Madurai -
    (edit: spammy link #2 removed by TheGAME1264)
    Really? So if we do blog updation with sitemap updation generation with more frequentation, we'll be able to join the SEO nation and not die of the dehydration. Our implementation will be the darling of the nation and first page ranking will be our expectation.

Thank you for clearing that up for us with your mad rhyming skills, Shiva Ramalamadingdong. You're more ill than Hitler...at least from the purely technical standpoint. Hitler attracts hotter black chicks, though. This is shaping up to be one of the greatest rap battles of web design history, folks! West Berlin!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RDesignista View Post
    Ok GAME. I like your view of SEO. You're viewing it from the perspective of: conversions/increase revenue vs page rank. Fair enough. Just wanted to say that I share a similar perspective. That keyword gets about 140 hits a month and it's a fairly decent buy phrase IMO, meaning that's what people would be searching for if they were looking for local web companies. That includes 'hawaii' in the phrase. I got you, I got you.

Do you have a blog at all? I'd love to subscribe to your thoughts and comment on them. But I'm guessing with all your activity on this forum that this forum is pretty much your blog to express your ideas.

Thanks again.
    Not yet. I plan on doing one this year at some point...it's #5 or #6 (depending on how I feel) on the agenda of "things I want to do for me" this year, after "taxes" (now...Canadian tax returns are annoyingly complex), "cleaning up a couple of things on sites I already have", "welcoming second child into the world", and "either one or two new site ideas I have". But I plan on it...just as soon as I can get enough time to build a non-WP site of my own. You know I won't do the WP thing if I can avoid it.

But yeah, it's comin'.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    @game: It's Friday and I needed a good laugh ... thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'm serious. A couple of the women in that video are pretty hot.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    If it's time you're short on, probably want to use a platform.

Non WP:

Blogger. Tumblr. Quora Blogs (a super nerdy Facebook). Wordpress.com (non open source version).

Congratulations on the kid btw. I recall reading some hilarious comments from you about taking care of just one kid.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'm going to make the time though, Ron...partly because I know I can do this, and partly because I want something I control and no one else. Appreciate the advice, but this is going to be built by me, for me, and used only by me (and whomever should choose to comment).

And yeah, I've got a 2-year-old girl. She's a daddy's girl. So some of the comments I make probably stem from the fact that SHE NEVER GIVES ME A MOMENT'S PEACE AND I JUST WANT TO DO SOME THINGS BY MYSELF AND OH MY GOD WHAT HAS MY LIFE BECOME? Nah, it's not like that.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    So, Game, it looks like you're doing an updation on the familyization? Congratulations!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Updation:

I went ahead, followed your advice about making my blog link more prominent. Previously, I put it in my last section. Now, I have it as part of my <nav>. When I created an XML sitemap, the generator automatically picked up the /blog as part of the site and indexed about 100 other pieces (previously I was 4 pieces total). I then uploaded this xml sitemap and set it up in my Google Webmaster Tools. No change in my positioning yet, but hopefully soon it will...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads