Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question HELP: Creating Login For Customers

Hi everyone!

My goal is to build a website in which customers can register, log in and create a advertisement page for their product or service on my website. And, of course, I will be charging them for this service.

How can I get started doing that?

Or is there even just like a WordPress plugin that does this already?

Your help is highly appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    I get the feeling you think it might be easy to just "use a plugin" and away you go, or download something that already exists and is turn-key ...

There probably is a way to do that with WordPress, but wp along with plugins has some security issues that are questionable. The membership part does exist as a wp plugin, but the parts described below do not exist ... or not very well done with wordpress.

I would say you need to have a custom site made, which will be expensive. The hardest part is actually the system where your customers pay you. That involves software (scripting) between your website and a credit card merchant. Depending on how you plan on handling that, could require a secure server and rock-solid scripting that doesn't fail and doesn't have security leaks.

The next hardest part is the system where the customers create an advertising page. What are you allowing them to create? What limitations on graphics, content, links, videos, etc? How will you or them judge how affective their ads are? Who is paying for advertising your website so people visit and see the products or services? When something goes wrong, will you have time to address issues 24/7?

So I'm not discouraging you, but am being "real" about what you will be facing. If you can find a programmer that can install a system that sort of works and then customizes it for you, that would be a good route to go. Whether something like that is available for purchase or not? I'm not sure.

If you really have some hard data, demographic studies, and potential clients, you might want to find a bank or credit union that would give you a small business loan to get you started. You of course would need to be an LLC.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jan 25th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Member #
    That's a lot to think about and consider. I appreciate your advice a lot!

Remove Ads