Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

can someone have a look at this script?

hi, so ive been googling about background images and getting them to fit i came across this site that has some css scripts to accomplish that. im trying the first one and its not working

Perfect Full Page Background Image | CSS-Tricks

my site is coleio.com

if you check the css for it it will be different to whats on the above link because the original didnt work i tried a few different variations

thanks lads

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Do you mean a whole page background, or a large image on the top part of your web page (like a banner)?
    Those are two different things.

One thing, this image does not exist:
    http://coleio.com/css/images/track.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    its in my filezilla under that directory??

yes a background image would be ideal, and thats what the page i linked refers too unless im mistaken. see i dont have a scroll function on the site because i just want the homepage to be literally one page, so i want the image to go from one side of the screen to the other, you told me its a problem with different browsers etc... but i thought that script would work.. would a banner still cover the entire page?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    oh and i sent you a pm

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i have it fixed... yessss, the guy had left out the '' in the script. and i also forgot ../
    questions... why is the image specified as url()?
    and also is there a way i can change the heights and withs a slight bit? its cutting off some of the image at the bottom, is that just a matter of setting a height to each browser specification? there set to cover;

scratch the height part, was on here..... CSS Background and they didnt reference any hieght element for it so i presume its not possible?

Mlsiem, could you show me a script for doing a banner if you have the time? would be handy to know

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    @coleio...
    As Monday AM comes, I'm in a situation here where we are in a weather emergency ... the outside temp is -29C with -35C windchill index. I will try to look at the script by Tuesday. I'm expecting a ton of equipment problems where I work, so I will be out of commission for a bit. This Winter really sucks!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    lads, -35!!! dude take your time, no rush ill google the s**t outta it andlet you know if i resolve the na nana na na situation!!!! (pat short irish comedian joke...)

oh and let me know about the offer in your inbox when you get a chance aswell

Remove Ads