Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: design team

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    38310

    design team

    I am a website designer starting to teach myself PHP code. I was wondering if anyone might be nice enough to help me with my project(s). If you would like to see what I have done you can go to [Edit: self-promotional link removed. Do not spam these forums. AlphaMare.]

    Edit: please explain to me how that was spam. Thanks.
    Last edited by lilpunish; Jan 28th, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

  2.  

  3. #2
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,733
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    I don't understand your post. What are we supposed to do? Your site is using PHP ... and I don't see any projects ... what's your point?


  4. #3
    Senior Member Fireproofgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    839
    Member #
    31498
    Liked
    171 times
    I get the warning "site security certification not trusted" so I was not able/willing to go any further.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    38310
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproofgfx View Post
    I get the warning "site security certification not trusted" so I was not able/willing to go any further.
    I see what I did. That URLs ssl is not correct, I have two domains going there and one has ssl and one does not. Go here https:\\Cheesecake Productions

  6. #5
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,733
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    Going back to my previous post ...
    I don't understand your original post. What are we supposed to do? Your site is using PHP ... and I don't see any projects ... what's your point?


  7. #6
    Senior Member DC Web Design's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    128
    Member #
    38178
    Liked
    37 times
    So you're a designer looking for a developer? Do you have any clients? How much do you charge? What would the profit share be?

    By the way it takes a bit more than PHP to develop websites. You should probably learn HTML/CSS (at the very minimum) as well.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    38310
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Going back to my previous post ...
    I don't understand your original post. What are we supposed to do? Your site is using PHP ... and I don't see any projects ... what's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Web Design View Post
    So you're a designer looking for a developer? Do you have any clients? How much do you charge? What would the profit share be?

    By the way it takes a bit more than PHP to develop websites. You should probably learn HTML/CSS (at the very minimum) as well.
    I know both HTML and CSS as well, I mainly needed help with the php. And right now pay would be very low as I am not charging much at all for the sites. It all depends on the amount of work involved. Right now not much would be paid to anyone including me after hosting and other fees.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Ronald Roe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,141
    Member #
    27197
    Liked
    959 times
    Well, if no one else is going to jump on this, I will.

    I charge $60/hr with a minimum 20 hours paid per project. I require the minimum paid up front, and the remainder, if any upon delivery. I can work up a contract whenever you're ready.
    AlphaMare and TheGAME1264 like this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

  10. #9
    WDF Staff mlseim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Posts
    7,733
    Member #
    5580
    Liked
    718 times
    In my opinion, you should not be developing sites for people, nor advertising your services if you can't do PHP/MySQLi and other minimal scripting requirements.

    If you are great at graphics (web graphic design) and need a programmer, you should partner with a programmer to do the scripting. You will not find a partner willing to do this for "cheap". So, the quality of your sites has to be spectacular and sell for a fair market price. If you are not good at graphics nor programming, you should seek another career. Not everyone is 'cut-out' for this tough business.


  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    38310
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    In my opinion, you should not be developing sites for people, nor advertising your services if you can't do PHP/MySQLi and other minimal scripting requirements.

    If you are great at graphics (web graphic design) and need a programmer, you should partner with a programmer to do the scripting. You will not find a partner willing to do this for "cheap". So, the quality of your sites has to be spectacular and sell for a fair market price. If you are not good at graphics nor programming, you should seek another career. Not everyone is 'cut-out' for this tough business.

    No no don't get me wrong. I know it. Its just a tedious task to write it, look at it, and error test it all on my own, and I wanted someone to help me. It would be nice. Not really doing alot. Just helping here and there and looking at each others code and all. Not full out work. Just a little help.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com