Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Where to find good Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 .pdf or text tutorials?

Hello, everyone

I have recently bought Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 ,but I faced a serious problem which is the inability to find the appropriate tutorials.

I need some tutorials for Dreamweaver CS6 that are SIMPLE (As I don't want a .pdf file of over 300 pages! I am a FULLY BEGINNER in web editing) and at the same time have some GOOD coverage (including: how to insert images, videos and music, how to insert flash ,some about THE MAIN stuff in CSS layouts ... etc.). Also, my English is not too good ,so what I need is .PDF or TEXT-AND-ILLUSTRATIONS tutorials, not video tutorials as I tried them before for Photoshop and I couldn't cover some parts.

I googled that a lot and I couldn't find any results that meet my needs ,so I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me about some text or .pdf tutorials with simple explanation for a fully beginner (like thesitewizard.com but with further coverage)

Note that: I use Dreamweaver CS6 ,so it must be a tutorial for CS6 ,not other version

Thank you and any help will be appreciated

Member #
    Just any useful Dreamweaver CS6 text tutorials. I can't get refunding

Member #
    Why does everyone ignore me? Is it that difficult?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    CodeAcademy.com

Not tutorials, but lessons. Don't be like me and rely on dreamweavers "easy" way of doing things. You will benefit more from understanding the code. So spend sum time learning HTML & CSS and then move on from there.

I started on dreamweaver a complete beginner just like you are now. I spent more time struggling trying to get dreamweaver to do what i want on something that i could have spent minutes doing on my own.

When you first look at code it may seem very intimidating but dont let that discourage you! Html and css are pretty simple once you start paying attention and dont let dreamweaver do it for u. Use dreamweaver to code if you want. Just remember the Design View is not accurate at all. One of the biggest frustrations was wondering why it looked right in dreamweaver but not in a browser! If you ignore all this then just be sure and test it in a broswer ALOT! And not just the preview in browser option dw has. Download MAMP or WAMP if ur on windows and test your site thru the local host

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    OK. Thnx

Concerning the stuff you mentioned that the site appears good in DW but not in a browser, I HAVE JUST EXPERIENCED THAT WITH MY SITE LOGO! I posted 'bout it here.

I will check out CodeAcademy

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

Where to find good Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 .pdf or text tutorials?

Dreamweaver is in my opinion a bad way to start. When you start on dreamweaver most ppl are quick to use the insert panel. For me I would use that so much that when there wasn't an option to insert what i wanted i struggled with how to do it. Even with the css designer you will get times where it doesn't do what you want it to.

If you struggle alot and you feel the absolute need to use the insert panel in dw, atleast use split view and pay attention to the code being added. You will learn a little doing it that way, you may also learn some bad habits and learning this way will just require you to learn it on your own later down the line.

Member #
    OK. I just liked DW features like: inserting SWF. Can you tell me of any software that has functional WYSIWYG and supports video, audio and flash content like SWF?

Member #
    I heard of LMSOFT. I just don't want to get too involved in coding. I've just started. I need to allocate all the main stuff a site should have.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by simsman2014 View Post
    I heard of LMSOFT. I just don't want to get too involved in coding. I've just started. I need to allocate all the main stuff a site should have.
    For what you want, dreamweaver is probably the best.. Not sure if there are any other software that does what dreamweaver does. I started with dreamweaver and quickly decided to stay away from it.

I understand you dont want to get involved in coding, but websites are code. You will not find a way around it without knowing how to code. Even with the most basic site, dreamweaver cant do everything you will want, unless you know how to code it.

You may want to look into wordpress for what you want. Again, ive never looked into it so I cannot help you with it or answer very many questions you may have about it. You can however use their templates and get a site up and running with little to no code experience (I THINK!)

Try using your web browser and find a website that has a design/feature you want. Use the developer tools to inspect that code. You can see how they did it and it may help you learn code if u ever do become interested in coding

Member #
    Actually, I don't want to know nothing about coding. Just the features I previously mentioned are available in DW ,so I decided to use it.

I don't want to be a computer programmer who takes designing websites as part of his job (Actually, I see designing with coding only or with depending mainly on coding a little bit hard & confusing ,and I prefer the direct editing to create a document) ,but just I want an easy way to design websites. WYSIWYG and features in DW are required 'cause I need flash, video and music for some reasons for my project.

ThanQ for giving me the advice. You really enlightened me.

BTW can I use ,say Kompozer, for designing MOST of the site and use DW for video, audio, flash and other features not available on Kompozer? I mean if it's the same HTML language & the same CSS, can I use TWO editors to design ONE site?
    Last edited by simsman2014; Feb 06th, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads