Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Full Sail University for Web design/developing?

Member #

Question Full Sail University for Web design/developing?

I'm a sophomore in Cardozo High School at New York, and I haven't decided which college to go for website designing/developing.

From research, I found out that Full Sail University is one of the best colleges for design and music production for online college. ( I'm looking for online program only)
    What I want to know is, is it worth it?

the full tuition for 6.75 semesters is $56,000 or, $460 per semester hour for 124 credit hours.

I know that it is very expensive, but I'm going through a lot of family issues and I will probably get enough financial aid for tuition.

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Holy crap! That is expensive!

I really don't know anything about Full Sail. A State College or even a private college for Computer Science would be much cheaper.

Do you have any previous programming experience, or do you have a passion for computer programming?
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Ive always wanted to go to FullSail. Until i realized that it was as expensive if not more expensive than some of the most prestigious colleges, like Harvard for one.

If I could afford it, id probably still go. But financial aid will not help you very much! You will be looking at alot of loans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Full Sail is prestigious? N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! I'm no expert on universities in the U-S-of-A, but if they're hosting WWE developmental, it's hard for me to consider them on the level of a Harvard or a Yale, even if they're priced like it.

Something to consider as far as financial aid is concerned...unless it's a grant or bursary, you have to pay it back and the interest rates on student loans can be crippling. You'll also have to consider what you're likely to earn when you get out and whether or not you'd earn $56,000 more than you otherwise would have. I would suggest that you probably won't, given that you're going into design and music production and neither of those fields are known for making millionaires out of everyone who signs up.

I don't know if you have this in the States, but as Max suggested something along the lines of a CDI College would do the trick and you'll probably learn more that you'll be able to use.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Feb 06th, 2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added CDI College link.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Full Sail is prestigious? N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T! I'm no expert on universities in the U-S-of-A, but if they're hosting WWE developmental, it's hard for me to consider them on the level of a Harvard or a Yale, even if they're priced like it.

Something to consider as far as financial aid is concerned...unless it's a grant or bursary, you have to pay it back and the interest rates on student loans can be crippling. You'll also have to consider what you're likely to earn when you get out and whether or not you'd earn $56,000 more than you otherwise would have. I would suggest that you probably won't, given that you're going into design and music production and neither of those fields are known for making millionaires out of everyone who signs up.

I don't know if you have this in the States, but as Max suggested something along the lines of a CDI College would do the trick and you'll probably learn more that you'll be able to use.
    thanks, everyone for the suggestions, but it has to be online program. I can't attend the school physically or through campus.
    I've found two colleges which were Full Sail University and Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Those two colleges have about similar tuition.

are there any online degree program colleges or universities in the US cheaper than the two universities I've listed, and that teaches more than I need?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Holy crap! That is expensive!

I really don't know anything about Full Sail. A State College or even a private college for Computer Science would be much cheaper.

Do you have any previous programming experience, or do you have a passion for computer programming?
    I have never had programming experience, but I'm very interested in graphic designing and especially web designing/developing.

Full Sail had the things I needed but the price just got my hopes down..

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post

Did not mean that FullSail was prestigious. The tuition costs that of a prestigious college. My reason for mentioning this is because i don't believe they are prestigious but he would be paying the price of one and he should consider that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Ahhh okay. Gotcha. Misread that.

Still, it's not often that I get to start an NXT chant on WDF. Let me at least have that, willya?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    What's your end goal? To get a job out of college? To be honest, I doubt many employers really recognize an institute like Full Sail to be very...reputable. You might as well go to a normal state college for that price.

If you want to learn code (without the pseudo-university aspect), options like Code School and Treehouse are MUCH more economical.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    The WWE might. If nothing else, he could main event WrestleMania 35 AND draw the new logo. That's two paychecks right there!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads