Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SamTheTwit

Thread: Update from other site posts

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Update from other site posts

Hello. I'm new to web design and so Im sorry if I post this in the wrong thread. Since I dont know what language it would be in.

I wish to create a website with a Healine & Gallery layout, and each frame in the gallery will be from a post from a different site.
    eg, I post something on DeviantART or Youtube or Tumblr and it will the site will automatically update with a link to what I just uploaded.

I'm pretty sure this idea goes far beyond html, css and php. But this is my goal after I learn how to build websites. If anyone can at least point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks For Reading
    -Sam

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Each one of those services, such as Deviant Art, You Tube, etc. offers an RSS Feed (XML file). Those feeds contain the latest posts. With PHP, you can access those feeds and pick the lastest one on each of them and display that on your page.

If you want, give me a link to your Deviant Art page and I'll give you an example.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, for the reply. And thanks so much for willing to go the extra mile and give an example.
    But, how I was taught, I need to learn it myself. I just needed to know where to start looking. So thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Have a good one man.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Remove Ads