Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

display: inline-block?

on learning this ****

why are the image links at the bottom of the page not inline as they are specified? ive tried specifying inline-block in a different group but to no avail.

i had originally set it too float: left but its better for different browsers if it were positioned from the center. also when i removed the float left selector the members area and register buttons went from being inline to on top of each other??

by the way im not asking anyone to build me a site here lol as some might think, just practicing and this would be a good demo page for a friend, i wont go any farther than getting everything lined up and adding a few more # links

thanks
    Cole

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You have to define how you want the UL and LI tags to be displayed.

For the top two things ... don't position them left or right. display inline and add some space between them.
    I didn't do anything for the top buttons.

I added these to CSS for the bottom buttons ...

.wrap ul li{
    display: inline;
    }
    .wrap li{
    padding:0px 5px 0px 5px;
    }

Display them inline, and then add some space between them so it looks nicer.
    See example now:
    learning this ****

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    cool cool. i dont get why i need to specify inline outside each class. i mean it makes sense but why before i changed the image button css part did the register and member area buttons show inline but now their on top of each other??

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You want the register and member area buttons to be in the dark area under the nav buttons. So I moved it into that area (wrap1).

Use no positioning (relative or absolute) ... that causes problems in most cases.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i saw that thanks dude but how do i move them from left to right?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    .login li{
    float:left;
    }

or... float:right;

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    that will move the buttons to the very left or right though, what i want is to have members area to the left, lining up with the start of the navbar above and the signup to the right lining up with the end of the above navbar

im having so many problems with positioning even after reading several tutorials. right now im trying to add support, help, contact, settings etc.. to the page. i want them to align just to the right of the button links. i set it to position relative and bottom 0px and they positioned themselves just inder the top wrap. so i set it to pos absolute, bottom 0, left 0 right 0 and it went to the bottom. great. so then i wanted to put a line to the right so i set a width to the box and did border right. when i did that it appeared but the box was repositioned to the very left of the page??/

on another note, almost a week and no response to my tutor wanted add :/

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i thought i might be ale to include it within the bottom wrap but when i do that theres about 100px between each link and they show up below the wrap. im gonna watch the first tutorial over again as it made better sense from what i remember. it would be great if anyone could help in the meantime

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You don't have enough room on the top line for those two buttons to be added. You will have to make all of the top nav buttons narrower to make them fit.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    no i want them beneath the navbar and one at each end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads