Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Front end devolopment begining

Member #

Lightbulb Front end devolopment begining

Hi Guys,

I want to start my career as front end developer, so in this direction i learned HTML5,CSS3,Javascript,Jquery though online w3 schools. But i have few questions/doubts, which i am writing down below ,please clarify my doubts

q1). It is known that most of the web applications are developed in .Net or Java environment. My doubt is some attributes available in HTML5 are also available in .Net platform for eg: In HTML5 , while creation web page, we have differnt input types such as text box, button , check box for inputing data to server. But these can also be implemented in .net , with out going to HTML5 . on e more example form validation can be done using Java Script or by validation controls of .Net.

So my question, if major part of the application is done in .Net , then why one should develop with HTML or Java Script,

q2). what are roles and responibilities does the front end devoloper do,is he devlop forms only or any othe tasks.

Please clear me on above,

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have moved this post to the appropriate forum.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    There are even more choices than you listed. Everyone has a system in place that they use. Some might be Linux/UNIX, or a Windows Server with ASP.net, or whatever. Some companies only use C++ or JAVA (not javascripting). Some only like to use Perl.

Pick one and go with it. PHP/MySQLi is popular ... that's why many of us know it pretty good. I also use Perl (which everyone incorrectly calls it CGI).

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    First of all, I don't know who came up with the term "front end developer" but front-end developers are like fairy godmothers, unicorns, and intelligent comments from urban elitists on Twitter. None of these things exist. You're either a designer or a developer. Those are the roles. They're pretty clearly delineated as well. Front-end developer is just a fancy way of saying "designer who can do some Javascript and might know how to implement a jQuery fadeIn effect". Yeah, I'm going to get flak for that comment, but let's be realistic..

I don't know where "it is known that" most of the web applications are developed in .NET or Java. Usually when someone says that, it's something they heard or read on some obscure blog written by a journalist wannabe that took a sample size of say 15 sites and went, "here are some important statistics about development" without really backing it up. In other words, it's not really well-known. Look at it this way...there are something like 38,000 members on this forum and I've seen maybe 2-3 other people who actually work in .NET besides me. Java? I don't think anyone here does. But...that's development.

Regardless of the server-side programming used for development, you still need HTML to display the output, and some of the things that you mentioned have certain style flaws. For example, .NET validation error messages generated by the controls display by default in bright red text and as such usually don't fit the design. Someone needs to come along, take the control, edit it, and then add the appropriate CSS to go along with the new control. That's where the designer comes into play...the designer works in concert with the developer to generate a more suitably styled validation message.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    Front-end developer is just a fancy way of saying "designer who can do some Javascript and might know how to implement a jQuery fadeIn effect".
    You know...aw, forget it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    No, come on...say it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    but front-end developers are like fairy godmothers, ... . None of these things exist
    Whaaat!? When I tell my fairy godmother what you said, she is gonna be pissed! Not that you don't think she exists, but that you called her a "front-end developer".

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Okay. I'd like to apologize to all fairy godmothers for implying that they don't exist and comparing them unfavorably to front-end web developers. I pledge to learn from my mistake and move forward and be more open and accepting of fairy godmothers in the future. I have attended several Fairy Godmother Pride rallies, FG meetings, and bought a sheer shimmering flag to hang over my office desk.

Discrimination against fairy godmothers is wrong, and I have truly learned my lesson.
    mlseim and Vapr_Arts like this.

Member #

Front end development as a Career

Quote Originally Posted by mandie View Post
    Hi Guys,

I want to start my career as front end developer, so in this direction i learned HTML5,CSS3,Javascript,Jquery though online w3 schools. But i have few questions/doubts, which i am writing down below ,please clarify my doubts

q1). It is known that most of the web applications are developed in .Net or Java environment. My doubt is some attributes available in HTML5 are also available in .Net platform for eg: In HTML5 , while creation web page, we have differnt input types such as text box, button , check box for inputing data to server. But these can also be implemented in .net , with out going to HTML5 . on e more example form validation can be done using Java Script or by validation controls of .Net.

So my question, if major part of the application is done in .Net , then why one should develop with HTML or Java Script,

q2). what are roles and responibilities does the front end devoloper do,is he devlop forms only or any othe tasks.

Please clear me on above,

Thanks
    Every work can be done with multiple ways and has limitation as well . But you can carry on with your aim and explore the things .....

Remove Ads