Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: wp theme: design blasted

Member #

wp theme: design blasted

Hi,

first of all: i am not a profesional, i just got a site (one page) that needs 2 corrections. After an update, 2 problems appeared.

1. If you load the page, you can see a picture (a pc monitor) slide through, it happens fast. That picture should just slide in and remain. I guess you can define it in the wp-admin.php , but i could not figure out where.

2. The options below "services" are mixed up. There are 3 icons (pencils, rocket, credit card) and three packages (express, professional, advanced). The pencils should be on the left, below package "express". Then the rocket in the center, below the "rocket", credit card on the right, "advanced below". As you can see, there is also some code [column size="1-3" last="0" style="0"] visible, that shouldn't be. I guess, there is something wrong in the files on the server.

Anyway, any help is much appreciated.

The link:

site url

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    I'm really confused .....

Is this your actual website that you own and operate?
    Custom Themes 100% custom WordPress themes designed and built around your needs

Or is that the place where you obtained your theme from?

Member #
    The site is mine and i operate it. But i don't design by myself. I outsource it. Would it matter to replace the link through a shortened url?

Something happened after the WP update but i can't figure out what it is.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    A WP update should not affect your theme unless you've been altering files outside of your theme.

What I'm going to say now will sound like I'm being a smart-alec, but wouldn't it be obvious to have your 'outsource people' fix your theme? You own and operate the site that "Builds 100% Custom WordPress Themes". Your site should be an example of the perfect WordPress theme.

If I owned a bicycle shop, it would be really important that I know how to ride a bike. You either need to learn how to create and troubleshoot the themes you sell, or have your outsourced staff fix it for you. I don't know what else to say.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.

Member #
    Is it a bad thing to own a bicycle shop and lease it to somebody else? I don't see the point. I can't fix it because i am not a designer and i lost contact to the old one. Anyway, i was looking for technical help in this forum. Thank you anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Whoever you get to help you will need admin access to your WordPress site. Actually, not just "admin", but FTP access as well. You're best option is to find a new programmer that signs some sort of contract, as he/she will be accessing your accounts.

Remove Ads