Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: earn big bucks... well, 30 lol

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    What page are you talking about?
    This page? learning this ****

I don't see any of the footer stuff you're talking about.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    no dude i said in one of my earlier posts i havn't uploaded it as i planned to only do it when it was finished, is it really necessary?

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Well, yea ...

The main method of troubleshooting (the way I do it), is to make a duplicate of the original, and then comment-out portions of the HTML and CSS to pinpoint the source of the problem, or to determine which DIV or CLASS is messing things up. I always have the original one to look back at, in case I have a question about what was scripted.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    okies, here

Fused-ma

what i need corrected is the footer div. i have everything in a wrapper with a set width of 1072px and height to 100%. the top part is ok, that being the background wrap, navbar and userbar. where things are for some reason going haywire is the footer div.

you can see on the site the div is like so

<div class="footer">
    <div class="footer-left">
    <ul>
    <li class="facebook"><a href="#"> </a></li>
    <li class="tumblr"><a href="#"> </a></li>
    <li class="instagram"><a href="#"> </a></li>
    <li class="twitter"><a href="#"> </a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    </div>

theres footer-left, (which would be half the width of the wrapper) that contains the 4 image buttons which i want to float to the left of the wrapper so i cold do a footer-right with links for support contact etc.. but i didnt get that far because i couldnt position it right.

you can see in the css that i have specified position absolute for footer and top 0px. this isnt a mistake, for some reason when i specified bottom 0px the image links were at the top of the page above the navbar where only the bottom of the images were visible, so just to see what happens i set it to top 0px and sure enough it brought it down.

ive tried positioning it a few different ways what you see now is just an end result to a failed attempt.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Have you tried to make your height set to Auto?

Honestly not sure if it makes a difference but i always used auto instead of 100% for the heights of things if not set to a specific size.

I am not home so its hard for me to help you but if you still need help when i get to my computer i will be more than happy to help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    Coleio,

There were so many things wrong ... I tried to sort of get it worked out, but I ran out of time today.

Here's my test ... The footer margin is off by the height of the bottom-banner. I didn't get a change to figure out why.
    Fused-ma

The footer is there, but pushed 125 pixels below the bottom.
    My CSS file is in the same directory as her2.html

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    So what exactly are you trying to do? The reason the footer is up above by the navigation is because there is nothing taking up space in between the 2. Your footer is below everything but it will not go in the place you want it to unless there is something in between taking up the space.

For example. If you add a div above the footer div and give it a height of say 527px it will be down by the bottom bar that I'm assuming you want the footer to be at. It is behind the image though. To correct this you will need to change the Z-index in the .bottom-banner to a negative number. I used -1 and it worked but i did not check to see if that would interfere with any of the other images on the site.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i drew a picture lol

Untitled.jpg

black box indicates the wrapper. the top and bottom backgrounds are specified outside that. i need it positioned like that.the red box is the footer div and the yellow is footer left. get me? ive seen in tutorials where they do bottom 0px and it works, just not for me ofr whatever reason

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Ok then what i did was what you wanted.. If you read what i did it should work for you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    no because setting a set bottom px wont work on a bigger screen. if i was just able to set it to 0 bottom it would. but for some reason thats not working, it did but now it wont. right now if i set it to 0 bottom it goes above the top navbar like, comepletely baffelled as to why lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads