Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: who wants to?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

who wants to?

hi guys, so i finally finished my demo page here...

Fused-ma

but the css is pretty messy. or o i have heard haha. im happy with it but it would be great to see the css tidied up, done properly. who can do this? i can pay 30 to your paypal (will have to wait three days for payment, paypal is empty, but i am good for it, ask ronaldroe) otherwie i can pay with amazon giftcard as soon as the jobs done.

i dont want the html changed, just the css. and i need it all explained to the best of your ability
    thanks guys

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Looking at your code I'd say you need both your HTML and your CSS tidied up. As both are so closely intertwined you generally can't tidy up one without addressing the other.

Why not start from scratch and give it a go yourself? You'll learn a lot from iterating over a design a couple of times and incorporating your learning from the previous iteration in the next one.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    haha this page is actually a started from scratch one lol. the previous was way worse. im not too worried about the html a theyre i just a few divs, nothing ver complicated. its just on another forum everyone is saying that the css is arseways

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    The thing with your existing CSS is that you're repeating yourself, and there's no organization. Take a look at the CSS I provided you. Similar elements are grouped. For instance, the social links are all styled with one declaration, except for the background image. That way, if you need to change something, like say you want them further apart, you just have to change it in one spot.

As far as organization, I personally group attributes by type, then alphabetically. So, background is at the top, then box model stuff, then typography, and so on. Choose what works for you. I alphabetized all of it for a long time because it was just easy, then I started grouping because it made more sense. djitsz' is right, iterate through it until you're happy with it.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    @coleio ...
    I'm sort of impressed with your demo site ... remember how much you knew 3 months ago? You've come a long way.

But realize of course that now you have a main page and nothing else. You'll have to decide how all of the other pages will look. Not only that, but the other pages should be a template that you can use for each page. You will need to use PHP to manipulate content on the pages.

I wouldn't worry about cleaning up HTML/CSS on the demo page (for now anyways). You'll be shooting holes in your head by the time you start making other pages and figuring out how the content will be layed-out on those pages. That will give you a chance to do more work on the CSS. I suggest you "roll a few joints" before you move on ... you'll need it.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i just wanted to see what it should look like, i mean if i can learn from it and save time doing the other pages, awesome!!

i dont even know how templates work ha. can you elaborate?

in what ways can php manipulate pages?

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    A template would be a page that has the banner (top part), the middle part, the footer (bottom part).
    The middle part is empty ... that is where PHP will put the content.

You would call the template: page.php

You then create small HTML files that contain the part that goes in the middle of your page.
    Those would be named like t1.html, t2.html

PHP can insert those into the template for each of the pages that are displayed.

PHP can also manipulate the top navigation bar so that the page showing has the menu item highlighted.

Remove Ads