Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Self-organizing interactive planning site

I don't know much about web work, but I'd like to get a website and have a procedure available for lots of people to write and or vote on short statements to be self-organized by vote into a normal hierarchical planning outline.

The form would then be usable by any group for members to work independently to come up with best plans. This would also apply to governments, where citizens could participate in such planning.

I'm a little familiar with a few types of online forms. Google Docs has a handy form that can be edited easily for questionnaires etc. I'm familiar with Deliberatorium, Debate Graph, and Dialog Mapping a little bit, but they don't do quite what I'm interested in doing.

I think what I have in mind would be fairly easy to do, but I don't know of anything that's already available along the lines I'm talking about.

Is anyone else interested in the concept, or know of anything already available for it?

Member #
    This is something I made up on Google Docs forms to give a bit of an example of how the online form might look for gathering input. I'll show an example of the finished product below.

I'm not showing the text boxes for voting etc.

GroupPlan Form

What is the goal or objective? . . . (Click to edit)[Typing will popup the same wording, if already entered and the user can click on that, if they want to enter it.]

What is the title of a plan to reach this goal or objective? (Enter title) . . . (Click to change title)[Typing a title will popup that title, if already entered and the user can click on that, if they want to enter it.]

How many main steps of the plan are there? (Enter 1 to 10) . . .
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

What is main step #1? . . . (Edit step)

What is main step #2? . . . (Edit step)

How many substeps are there under step #1? (Enter 1 to 10) . . .
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

What is step 1a? . . . (Edit step)

What is step 1b? . . . (Edit step)

Etc.

----------------------------------------------

The finished plan would have an outline form like this:
    Title
    Goal
    - Main step #1.
    -- Substep 1a.
    -- Substep 1b.
    -- Substep 1c.
    - Main step #2
    -- Substep 2a.
    -- Substep 2b.
    -- Substep 2c.
    - Main step #3
    -- Substep 3a.
    -- Substep 3b.
    -- Substep 3c.
    etc.
    Last edited by Lloyd; Mar 08th, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Remove Ads