Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Wordpress Theme Modification Help - TOTAL newbtard.

hello people, my name is adam, and I joined this forum in the hopes of having a place to help me with customizing a specific wordpress theme to suit my concept.

So to start out, can some1 please tell me how to reduce the width of the metaslider in the woocommerce vantage theme. I opened the style file and could only adjust the size of the images inside the slider. I right clicked on the thing, and inspected elements did all that, just don't know what to look for.

please help.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Please post the URL to your site that contains the theme, so we can see what you mean.

Usually there are settings via the admin panel for the 'widget' or special slider that you are using.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Please post the URL to your site that contains the theme, so we can see what you mean.

Usually there are settings via the admin panel for the 'widget' or special slider that you are using.
    I have it installed locally
    the widget didn't come from a widget, it came in the theme. vantage theme to be exact. I literally haven't changed anything, so If you can just go look at the vantage theme yourself I would greatly appreciate it!

thank you for the reply.

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    You cannot adjust the size. The whole layout is designed to be "responsive", so the images (slider and everything) adjusts size automatically with any browser size, desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc. The image is supposed to be full width at all times. To force the image to a "fixed size" will destroy the responsive design.

Member #
    thank you!

Remove Ads