Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Responsive Web Layout Without Frameworks (Bootstrap, etc)

Could anyone explain how to code a responsive web layout (layout changes based on size of screen and type of device) without using a premade framework like Bootstrap? If not, could someone link a tutorial that is easy to follow along? I know HTML, CSS, and very little JavaScript. The closest I can get a website to look like a responsive layout is by doing percentages, but I can't get columns to fall underneath others like a mobile device normally does in a responsive layout if I use percentages.

Please and thank you.
    Sorry if this belongs in another forum topic. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Start by looking into Media Queries. If you know CSS you can do media queries.

Basically its one line of code followed by a new set of rules that go into place once a screen has shrunk/expanded to a certain size.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapr_Arts View Post
    Start by looking into Media Queries.
    Thank you!

Remove Ads