Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

User Updated Image Gallery

I am working on a small website for a client and they would like to have a small image gallery where they can add folders and photos. They are a car restoration business and would like to add a folder for, say a 1970 Camaro, and then within that folder have 8-10 pictures, then add another folder for, say a 1969 Mustang, and have 10 pictures in there as well. Nothing complicated - just a smaller version of this :

metalworksclassics com/projects.php

They are limited with their "computer skills", and I was hoping to find a simple third party site or host, where I could set up an account that they could log in, make their updates and additions and log out, so that they could manage this aspect of the site easily and independently. I was hoping we could set up an account somewhere and then embed the gallery into their site - sort of like GalleriaDisplay, only with folders - so that they can do the updates without me helping them all the time.

Does anyone know of any such site or service or have any advice? Thank you very much!

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    How limited are YOU with computer skills? Im only asking because you could do 1 of 2 things, at least that i know of.

You could for one, create a database and a page that they could upload images into. This would require you to know how to use a database and pull things from that database. Im assuming since your asking you probably aren't able to do this yet (you could try n figure it out) if you notice the .php at the end of your link. This is the language they used to talk to the database.

Or you could find a cms and work with that. I have very limited knowledge of cms so i wont be much help.

I have looked at a lot of different open source image galley plugins and have yet to find one that has what you want.

Remove Ads