Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Flippa Sites?? Anyone tried them?

Okay, first of all, I'm going to make it known that I am by no means web designer or anything. I have no knowledge of the deeper topics of creating websites. All I know is a website has to have good SEO and relevant info that people want to read and come back to to have a good Google rating and for it to be eaily found.

Again, I am not a web designer or developer or anything of the sort, so I came here to ask all of you educated individuals what you think.

I can weed out the scammers on Flippa, but it's hard for me to see what would be actually worth buying and not into the high thousands either. I would love to purchase a never used domain name and buy some web hosting to start on my own blog, but I've heard it can be years before it pays off.

Flippa seems like a good option for those of us that don't really want to go through the stages of aging a website, I would prefer one that's already established. if I could have one pre-made and well-established, I could just build onto it what I would've on a new one but earn much quicker with Adsense.

What are your thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I've tried it from a seller point of view. It didn't work for me. The biggest reason? I had a unique site with original content...I know because I built the site from scratch myself...the site was even featured in a WebProWorld article that I didn't know about until it was published. The problem with such a site is that there is a limited market and the people that want it want to get the hard work without paying full value for it. I don't actually blame them for it...if they can get a deal, good for them. But it didn't work for me and I didn't even get close to a fair offer, so I never bothered selling it. Wouldn't do it again.

The reason I couldn't sell the site is the reason you probably won't find anything. I built something that worked for me and probably wouldn't have worked for others. You'll need to build something that will work for you and that you know something about. When you build it and it works, you probably won't want to sell it because...well, you built it and it works. What you'll find on Flippa is generally the "niche sites, aged and good Google ranking" and other associated drivel...but they're selling those sites for a reason, and it's usually not a good one. People generally don't sell the sites that really make them money...they sell the ones that either don't or "kind of do but I have something that makes me more" (which was true in my case) You're better off building something yourself than buying someone else's churned and burned site.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads