Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Boss came to me asking to create a pres on our new site...

Hey guys this is my first post here on the forum. I'm a webmaster for a medium sized tech company and I recently just finished building and launching the company's new magento web store. My boss came to me 15 mins before leaving this evening and dropped a nice bomb in my lap. She is going to a big conference in Germany to give a presentation to our company's distributors, and one of the things she wants to show during her presentation is our newly designed site. She's asked me if I can come up with a "fancy, and exciting way" of showing off some sections of the site on the projector, but preferably not in a boring screen shot pasted into powerpoint sort of way. I've never prepared anything like this and i have until thursday afternoon to wrap it up. Looking for some ides or inspiration because i'm blank right now.

Thought Technology Ltd. Home page Thought Technology Ltd.

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    You know everyone is going to have a smartphone on them (or at least most of them).

Why not create a simple online app that the audience can view on their smartphones.

Something happens on the projector that gives them a URL to a page on your site.
    When they view that page (which is an online app, not a native app), they can do
    something, enter something, click something. What they do as a whole audience
    is displayed on the projector.

Perhaps an optical illusion or thought problem that they need to figure out.
    The projector displays the result as chart or animation. Something where the
    audience is part of the presentation. Or they have to solve it all together.

That would be cool.

EDIT:
    Maybe they all enter their weight, age, height and a chart is displayed.
    How much does the whole audience weight?
    Or the sum of everyone's age?

JQuery building for mobile devices:
    http://www.jqwidgets.com/jquery-widg...o/mobiledemos/
    Last edited by mlseim; Nov 05th, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

Member #
    thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like a great idea, expect i'm thinking of the time restraints i have and I don't think i can pull something like that off in time.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    48 hour deadline = slide show, or internet access to the website (which depending on the conference may or may not have internet access, and even if they do, it may not be stable).
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    In my experience, nobody will care about it here in germany... :>

Remove Ads