Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Microwebsite

Member #

Microwebsite

Hello all

Just joined the site, primarily to get your advice on a certain projects I've been asked to get involved with. But as I'm currently learning html/css/JS, I sense I'll become a regular visitor.

A client has requested that I create what I would call a 'micro website' which will be embedded into an email which well be sent to all the company employees.
    This site will look very much like a website in the sense of having links to a number of different pages, but you won't be exported into a browser, but you will stay within confines of your email windown, be it outlook or whatever email server you are using.

Does this make sense to anyone??
    Am in the early stages of researching this project, but would really welcome any comments (however brief or however disparaging....!!).

Thanks and happy new year to you all.

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I've never heard of that before.

I suppose you could experiment with an HTML email that has an <iframe> in it?

Everyone of course would need to make sure their email client accepts HTML email. And many companies hide "unsafe" images and code as part of security. Maybe iframe would work, but making sure everyone sees the email ... you have no control over that.

Remove Ads