Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    300 times

What is wrong with the design and content on this linked site (not WDF)

Not sure I should even post this here or anywhere, but I believe there are some important lessons some can learn here. It is not my site and it is the first time I have come across it. I was curious when I saw the headline and description so went to the site at (I removed the link because it singles out someones website and there seems to be little interest.)

Should I give my quick evaluation in a day or two?

mlseim, you are on the right track about the content. The author interviews several people using a single question. Each response is only a paragraph or two (thin content).

Design - the first fold is taken up by an irrelevant image with the title and author name on top of the image. Click in the scroll bar once and the same image is repeated in the content area, only the first paragraph of content is visible at the bottom of the page.
    Lots of ads occupy the side bar (content/advertising ratio).
    Going back to the top I find there is a small "start" button; clicked on it and it goes to a page with lots of images that link to other pages (did not follow any of those links)
    The design makes me want to leave the page right away but curious to find just how badly it was done.
    Last edited by delstu; Jan 06th, 2015 at 09:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Way too much to read.

I fell asleep at about line 10 of 1000 lines.

Actually, I didn't understand what it was about.

That's probably what's wrong with it.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jan 05th, 2015 at 04:08 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I just saw this post, and I'd like to help out if you still need it, Stu.

Can you put the link back up, please?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads