Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Building a shopping cart website

I am looking to build a website where I can have multiple users but they each have their own product list to choose from. I do not want multiple sites as I would only want to login one time as an admin and view the orders and would like the orders emailed to me once they are submitted.

I am in need of a solution to use hat will give me the fexability to have different users with different products that can order and have the history of what they have previously ordered.

I was told I can get this done by using joomla or wordpress I would like a bit more feedback on this as I have only asked a few people.

This site information above is not a website for myself but of a customers of mine and that is what they asked me to get done.

Thank you for your input

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Wordpress with woocommerce, and added attributes to match products with client login.
    If the checkout payment type is check instead of credit card, the order is emailed to someone and the checkout is done.

Member #
    Thank you for the information I will try that

Member #
    How do I make it to where only users are allowed to order? and no new user registrations allowed and only done by admin?

Member #
    I figured my previous question out. Now I want to know how to make it to where only registered users can see the products and Only the products we allow them to see. So They don't have to go through 100 Products that they do not use and only see products they use.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    All of that can be done with Wordpress / Woocommerce customizing.
    You'll have to know that it will take some scripting skills, knowledge of wordpress, and the ability to modify it.

But it can be done.

EDIT:
    If the user interface doesn't have to be a full-blown webpage / website, it could be done without WordPress or Woocommerce. You would hire a programmer to create it for you. Especially the database part. A lot of things can be done if your products and data are stored in a MySQLi database.

One part people usually don't consider is the ability for the customer to edit their password, for example. Or if they forget their login. That requires a basic user/registration/login script.
    Last edited by mlseim; Jan 07th, 2015 at 01:48 PM.

Remove Ads