Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Webcasting?

Member #
    I'm not sure if this is where to ask, but if not I'm sure the mod will put it where it needs to go. I want to add a live webcast to my site so that I can host a 1 hour show each week, but don't have aclue how to do it or what all is neede to do it. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm thinking as long as I have a mic, a server that can support it and the software to run the program I should be o.k. I have a mic, don't know if my server can yet and completely clueless to the software neeeded. Any help would be great, thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Webcast as in just audio correct? The server host needs to be aware of it for sure, as it can take up a LOT of bandwidth. Take for instance addaboy.com (link's in my .sig), they have a show each monday (8 PM) and have a separate host that specializes in just broadcasting. The bandwidth gets up there but fast. Don't forget that there will be a delay. At addaboy, it's like 30 sec (max) for broadband listeners, 2 min or so for 56K'ers. It's set up through Shoutcast (an addon for Winamp).
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads