Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: Site about Bentley cars needs reviews from expert webdesigners

Member #

Site about Bentley cars needs reviews from expert webdesigners

I am currently developing a site about Bentley cars called: 365Bentley.com

I think that the frontpage looks quite good, but I am a bit in doubt about my two other pages I have been working on: All Bentley Cars of All Time and Bentley Continental - All of them.

What do you think webdesigners?

I would appreciate any comment and help.

Yours faithfully
    The owner of 365Bentley.com

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    It looks like you've posted 5 other threads asking design questions and plastering hot-links to your site.

If you're serious about design feedback, that's one thing ...

If you're trying to get link-backs to your site, you've failed.
    We see this happening on the forum about 3 times a day.

This forum doesn't support link-backs, so no search engines will find them. It's an SEO dead-end.

But let's pretend you actually want design feedback:

Right off the bat, the site is not responsive ...

Sure, you're using viewport, but all that does is shrink the whole page to fit the screen. So when I view on my ipad mini, the text is too small for me to read unless I zoom-in. Responsive means it rearranges the images and text so the images fit, and the text is displayed in readable form without zooming anything. In fact, the responsive design switches layouts at specific screen sizes to cover laptops, tables, smartphones.

I would expect a Bentley website to be as expensive-looking as the cars. Pixel-perfect to be exact.
    www.365Bentley.com likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    It looks like you've posted 5 other threads asking design questions and plastering hot-links to your site.

If you're serious about design feedback, that's one thing ...

If you're trying to get link-backs to your site, you've failed.
    We see this happening on the forum about 3 times a day.

This forum doesn't support link-backs, so no search engines will find them. It's an SEO dead-end.

But let's pretend you actually want design feedback:

Right off the bat, the site is not responsive ...

Sure, you're using viewport, but all that does is shrink the whole page to fit the screen. So when I view on my ipad mini, the text is too small for me to read unless I zoom-in. Responsive means it rearranges the images and text so the images fit, and the text is displayed in readable form without zooming anything. In fact, the responsive design switches layouts at specific screen sizes to cover laptops, tables, smartphones.

I would expect a Bentley website to be as expensive-looking as the cars. Pixel-perfect to be exact.
    Thank you for the reply.

I know that I have been posting questions several places on the forum, but that was because I figured that I would receive more replies, but I was probably wrong.

I know that the links are Nofollow links, which will not boost my PageRank, so the reason why I posted several posts was not to boost my SEO.

I believe that the images I have used is of high-end quality with many pixels to make the site pixel-perfect, which I also think the site is...

But I was not aware that the site was not responsive, do you have any suggestions on how to make the site more responsive?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I accept your reasoning about the posts, and welcome to WDF. Realize that we delete dozens of threads each week because of posts that are intended to promote link clicks. It's a tough call, but it's the only way we can keep the content pertinent.

Your photos are very nice, my pixel comment was about the entire webpage and how it looks.

This seems like a good place to learn about responsive:
    https://developers.google.com/web/fu...sponsive?hl=en
    www.365Bentley.com likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    I accept your reasoning about the posts, and welcome to WDF. Realize that we delete dozens of threads each week because of posts that are intended to promote link clicks. It's a tough call, but it's the only way we can keep the content pertinent.

Your photos are very nice, my pixel comment was about the entire webpage and how it looks.

This seems like a good place to learn about responsive:
    https://developers.google.com/web/fu...sponsive?hl=en
    Thanks for the help.
    I will definitely look into that!

Remove Ads