Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: design help

Member #

design help

I have a client that wants her website to look similar to this one Adelaide's Cakes New Jersey - New Jersey Cake Shop - Wedding Cakes in NJ mainly just the navigation (where all of the content shows on the main page when you click on each button).....if anyone knows how to do this and could help me out I'd really appreciate it a whole lot, I'm just having trouble with figuring it out on my own

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I don't understand.

When you click on a button, they open in a new page ... the content doesn't show on the main page.

Exactly what page are you talking about?

Member #
    okay go to the main website itself and then click on the buttons on the navigation bar, watch what happens on the main page......it shouldn't open them in new pages

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    But those are different pages. Each button in the navigation bar is a different page.

The top and bottom (header and footer) of each page is the same, but the middle part is different.

Still, they are different pages and they reload each time you click a button.

PHP scripting is used to put the three sections together (header, content, footer) for each page. Most likely, they use a CMS (content management system) to store the various sections, paragraphs, photos, etc.

Their site could just as well be wordpress ... very similar. But they are not using wordpress.

And realize when I say "page", I'm not talking about HTML in this case. There is one PHP script that renders each page dynamically. PHP builds the HTML "pages" and displays them. In any case, the point I'm making is that there is a browser refresh when you click the buttons ... in a sense, I'm calling that a page.

Last edited by mlseim; Jan 21st, 2015 at 05:33 AM.

Remove Ads