Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Why does my site work when hosted on one domain but not another?

I have recently created a website: Greece on Foot - walking holidays in the Peloponnese But I discovered that the site does not display correctly on smartphones (only the title and 1 photo show).

To work on this I uploaded the files to my own domain at: Greece on Foot - walking holidays in the Peloponnese

To my surprise the identical index.html file displays correctly on phones when hosted on my own domain.

So the same index.html shows correctly on smartphones when hosted on 1 domain but not when hosted on another.

Greece on Foot - walking holidays in the Peloponnese does NOT display on smartphones
    but the identical file
    Greece on Foot - walking holidays in the Peloponnese DOES display ok

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be?

And how can I get the page to display when hosted on Greece on Foot - walking holidays in the Peloponnese ?

I am new to web design so would appreciate simple suggestions/advice/explanations.

Member #
    Since I posted this I have contacted the hosting company. It turns out they use a cookie "is_mobile" to divert to a mobile compatible version (which didn't work). They have disabled this and the site now displays correctly so the problem is solved

Remove Ads