Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

I do I start selling templates on themeforest?

I am a web designer. I know CSS HTML and a little bit of Javascript and JQuery. I have also worked with illustrator and photoshop. Although I have the necessary technical skills but I have very little experience of professional web designing. Now I want to create my own web templates and sell it on theme forest as it would give me some experience and may be it could generate some income. All I want to ask is from where do I start? I would really appreciate someone who already have some experience of themeforest to share his/her ideas and give me some advice

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Step 1: Find a Designer
    If you don't have a lot of design experience I'd recommend trying to get connected with a designer. You can use sites like http://dribbble.com to find designers. I say start here because ThemeForest has standards about the design quality of a theme before it gets accepted into the marketplace.

Step 2: Reverse Engineer
    If you're looking to go the WordPress route and have never built a WordPress theme from scratch I'd recommend reverse engineering an existing theme. Start with the default WordPress Theme that comes included with WordPress and literally deconstruct and re-code it line for line limiting copy and pasting as much as possible). That being said, to get a theme into the marketplace you'll really have to go above and beyond. Many themes now include page builders and provide purchasers with a wide array of customizations.

If you're not going the WordPress route and are just looking at HTML templates than I cannot stress enough how important it is to find a good designer. The acceptance requirements for static HTML templates are very much dependent on design.

Step 3: Submit for review
    The best way to get feedback on your work is to actually submit it to the marketplace. They don't usually provide a lot of feedback but it will certainly let you know if you're hitting their quality standards.

I hope that helps!
    Last edited by dtmedia.ca; Feb 10th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.

Remove Ads