Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Need Help regarding Website making

Well I am onto a project where I want to design a free website. I have all the scripts (CSS , Javascript ,HTML pages ,fonts ,images)
    I have all of the website script designed all I need is a free website where I can upload this because I am new to website managing and all .
    I just know a free platform called blogger where I cannot manually upload my image files and HTML pages.
    Please tell me any free website(of-course with sub -domains) offering manual upload of files just like a newly bought ".com" domain.
    Please move the post to relevant discussion if I am not posting in related category

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    There are free webhosts. You can Google search.

For file management, you'll want to set-up an FTP account (with webhost) and use FileZilla, which is free.
    For script editing, use Notepad++, which is free.

But did you know you can get a shared webhost account with domain name for $40 - one year?
    That's about $3.50 per month. I just spent $40 for a tank of gas. CleverDot.com- Yearly Web Hosting & Domain Registration Since 2002

I just wanted to make sure you know how cheap webhosting can be.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    There are free webhosts. You can Google search.

For file management, you'll want to set-up an FTP account (with webhost) and use FileZilla, which is free.
    For script editing, use Notepad++, which is free.

But did you know you can get a shared webhost account with domain name for $40 - one year?
    That's about $3.50 per month. I just spent $40 for a tank of gas. CleverDot.com- Yearly Web Hosting & Domain Registration Since 2002

I just wanted to make sure you know how cheap webhosting can be.
    Actually I don't know much about FTP and all. Just wanted to know that how do I upload images and fonts and scripts somewhere so that my free website can use it . please someone explain step wise

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Your free webhost will have a control panel (usually called cpanel).
    With that, they have a file manager to manipulate files, which are HTML pages, photos, scripts, etc.

Another deal is free sites that actually have pre-canned web pages and templates, like WIX, where they create a gallery for you and have an upload application where you upload photos and they build the pages for you. You have little control of the pages, but it is what it is.

So I guess free webhosts can be, WIX, Weebly or a service like that. They make the pages for you ... no HTML experience required.
    ... or ...
    A webhost like this: Free Web Hosting with cPanel, PHP and MySQL, No Ads

000webhost is free, but everything is up to you. You have control over all of your web pages, but you have to know how to make web pages.

Because you have all of your pages (HTML) already made, 000webhost would be the choice of hosts.

Remove Ads