Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: My Website Is Down At My Ip Address

Member #

My Website Is Down At My Ip Address

Hi,

I am developing a php-mysql website hosted in an apache. The site is down since yesterday for my IP address, whereas it is visible elsewhere. The web hosting company said they do not see any problems and my IP is not blocked by them. The problem has occured before and was solved by itself after a few days. I simply do not understand the reason behind it. Annoying as I have to stop working on the site till it is restored.

Please help. Cheers.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I would guess this is related to your internet service provider, not your webhost.

The next time it is down, you should take a laptop or tablet to another place (such as a Starbucks or coffee shop) and use their WiFi service. See if it is still down. They would most likely be using a different internet service provider unless there is only one available in your area.

You don't really have an IP address. Your ISP provides one dynamically ... therefore, the IP address is theirs, not yours.

Member #
    Well, as I said before, the site perfectly accessible when I am outside (=another ISP). Inside it does not work, also with other laptops/ mobiles.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I guess you call your ISP and explain the situation.

In my city, I have two choices of high-speed internet access (2 ISP's).
    I would threaten switching companies ... that usually lights a fire under their butts.
    AlphaMare likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There are some instances in which your account will be moved to another server, or the IP address of your server will be changed. Because of this, your site may not work for a few hours at most due to propagation. If you're trying to connect to your server with software like Dreamweaver, try connecting using your server's IP address as the server name instead of your domain name.

Remove Ads