Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 1 Post By Fireproofgfx

Thread: What testing tools do you use?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

What testing tools do you use?

Just wondering what browser compatibility tools people use and when in the workflow do you test? Or how often during a project do you test for compatibility?

Also what responsive tools do you use to test on a variety of devices?

I've read about a number of different websites that test for compatibility and responsiveness but i can't remember any! haha Also not really sure what the pros and cons are between them all.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I use Chrome Dev Tools' device testing throughout development, testing at various sizes. When I've finished the main portion of the coding, I use Browserstack to emulate devices and do some fine tuning. Finally, I grab an iPhone, Android phone, iPad, and Android tablet (It just so happens I have one of each in my house) just to make sure.
    breno likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    544 times

What testing tools do you use?

I follow the same routine as Ronald mentioned except i do not own any android devices. So at times i use friends devices or rely on BrowserStack. I also use Adobe Inspect with Brackets throughout development to see the results in real time on my ios devices.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    breno likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Here is a great site that helps you see what your website will look like on most devices. Responsinator
    breno likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Great replies guys, your bringing back to memory the tools I've read about hehe. Thanks for the tip on the Brackets extension Vapr, ill be sure to check that one out today.
    In case you's havent noticed I'm trying to learn the principles of RWD at the moment

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    I just attempted and designed my first RWD last week with the help from Andrew. It was brutal but now that I accomplished a working design, I am super happy! Below is a great Tutorial for the Menu, which I followed on a practice page here and you can see my latest website here which isn't 100% yet, I am still cleaning up code, and adding content etc.

Last edited by Fireproofgfx; Feb 14th, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    That's great man, well done With this site, I decided to learn and make it a flexbox layout. Though understanding how flex works can be a bit beasty on its own, I can see how much its easier its going to make the site layout, well, flex to how I want it much easier! Will keep you updated should have breakpoints in over the next couple days if I get time. Already tested out my navs responsiveness, one line of code to go from row to column
    Last edited by breno; Feb 14th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Remove Ads