Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Hi. I am looking for recommendations for a basic sales website.

And I am pooping green when it comes to this stuff, fair warning

What I want is a basic site for local sales, advertising it I would do local.
    I want nothing fancy, a page full of text links to individual pages is fine.
    I am not shipping stuff, I can link to photos hosted elsewhere.
    aka, online thrift store, 2nd hand store

I have used VB for years from this side, do they have anything?
    Thanks for any tips help etc.

( oh, btw, I have small pockets so keep that in mind

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Your best bet is to hire a professional. The simple things you see online are not always as simple as they appear. In this case this is one of them. Anything dealing with money requires an extensive backend knowledge.

Unless I'm completely mistaken on the assumption that you will be selling things. When you mentioned thrift shop/ 2nd hand store i immediately assume you will be selling things.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Hey Zane,

Looks like your requirement is quite simple and strait forward. Can you show me any reference site, if I could help you out. Thanks !

Member #
    I will do some browsing for a site.
    Need to find a cash @ pickup type site.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you're not actually accepting payment online, but requiring payment on pickup, you won't have so many security issues. Any open source CMS shopping cart should do - take a look at OpenCart - you can set it up without payment options, and the back end is fairly easy to manage as far as adding and removing items. Since it is free, it should suit your budget!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You could also setup opencart like AlphaMare suggested and accept payments, You dont need SSL for people adding products to a cart, you have the option of Guest Checkout, The Payments can all be handled securely on PayPal!

Regards,
    i3 Web Services
    i3 Web Services|Web Design|Development|Web Design Ireland|

Remove Ads