Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Opinions on design enviroment

Hi guys, artistic I am not. What programs would you suggest where I can do a lot of the designing WYSIWYG and also go back in and add code. Preferable be able to handle HTML,CSS,Javascript and PHP. Those are the code languages I am teaching myself. I have a couple nice size projects I'd like to do to help teach me better.

I tried to get into this a long time ago back when Dreamweaver was big but if I remember dream weaver made everything complicated. Is this still the same today? One thing I'd like to add to one of my pages is tabs. While on the home page, the user will need to quickly switch between the different tabs. Another thing. i have never tried making a webpage the prints. A program that helps with that might be nice. Any suggestions might be helpful. Right now I'm using komodo but its just coding no WYSIWYG style design. I'm starting to look into brackets as opposed to komodo but again only coding.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thank You

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Personally if you are trying to learn code then forget about using a WYSIWYG editor.. The best way to learn is by doing! N what better way than to do it while building something you want to build.. Take this as the opportunity to learn. Never used Komodo, i use brackets, but any text editor will work.

A webpage that prints? Not sure what you mean there?

The tabs could be done using jQuery. If you have never heard of it google it. Very common Javascript library. Don't panic! Most of the work is already done for you and the work that isn't is laid out for you in the documentation

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads