Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By breno

Thread: Trading website

Member #

Trading website

Hello everyone,

Just joined this forum. I'm a 19 year old student, but thought of a great website idea that could work. I want to create a trading website where you trade virtual items that have real world value to paypal or stripe. Think of it as an Ebay website, but with a "Buy it Now" only option. I have a couple questions though.

*Are there any hosting sites (wordpress,etc) that I could use to build most of my website? I have a lot of time so if I need to learn some code, I don't mind.*

*How do I prevent scams from happening on my website? I hear that stripe is better than paypal in security, but the majority of users would use paypal and I would need to know how to prevent problems from happening in transactions.*

*I read the brainstorming sticky earlier, but can't figure out any ideas to market this website. Any help would be appreciated on how to advertise this website to bring traffic.*

*Can I prevent others from taking my website or no?*

I'll probably think of more questions along the way, but these were the main ones that I thought of. Any help is appreciated. (:

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Whenever someone says I have an idea for a website AND IT INVOLVES OTHER PEOPLES MONEY and they don't know anything/much about web development/design, my first thought is not such a good idea.

I'm not trying to squash your idea or anything like that, I don't believe in that, keep the idea but practice development/design first. Code academy is a good place to start, build your skills, understand ecommerce (I would think) understand website security etc. etc.

I'm not just pointing this at you personally, but in general. I hope you understand All the best.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback. I have some history with only html/css only, so it probably is a good idea to learn some code. What would you recommend?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    What are virtual items?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    What are virtual items?

Items in video games that have real world value. You can trade them but can't sell them. That's why I think it could be a good idea.
    Last edited by weewee543; Feb 22nd, 2015 at 02:48 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by breno View Post
    Whenever someone says I have an idea for a website AND IT INVOLVES OTHER PEOPLES MONEY and they don't know anything/much about web development/design, my first thought is not such a good idea.

I'm not trying to squash your idea or anything like that, I don't believe in that, keep the idea but practice development/design first. Code academy is a good place to start, build your skills, understand ecommerce (I would think) understand website security etc. etc.

I'm not just pointing this at you personally, but in general. I hope you understand All the best.
    As for the money commerce problem, couldn't i just put a disclaimer?

Remove Ads