Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mlseim

Thread: RSS Feed for Site

Member #

RSS Feed for Site

Hello,

I entail to create rss feeds for all pages of my web site http://www.hostingwebsitedomain.com

Kindly help me.
    Thanks in advance!
    Arun

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Hmmmm ....

So your RSS feed will be what? Perhaps some pointers on what you need for a website?

RSS feeds are almost always about a database. The feeds are generated by database content that is ever-changing .... that's the whole point about having RSS feeds. After all, the feeds are designed to be placed on other peoples' websites, and they will be conveying "new" information continuously.

If your first language is not English, you need to do your entire site in your native language. Otherwise, hire an English speaking person to handle your content. No English speaking person will want to host RSS feeds that are not correct English.

To answer your original question, you need to use PHP scripting. The script retrieves content from your database and generates the XML (.xml type file) that is stored on your website. The script can generate the feed dynamically on-the-fly, or save it as a file.

EDIT:

LOL! ... I see now that the original poster was just posting drivel to get a hot-link to his "webhost business". It doesn't matter because WDF doesn't do link-backs. He's basically wasting his time thinking WDF is a great place to get "noticed". But let's leave this thread open because it's too much fun to read the content on his site. It's a good lesson on "learning proper English".
    Last edited by mlseim; Feb 28th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Remove Ads