Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Web design: Illustrator better then Photoshop?

Member #

Web design: Illustrator better then Photoshop?

Hi guys,

When I work on complex UI/UX designs after a while I loose overview in my Photoshop file because way too many layers... and after some quick changes I had to do in a rush it is getting worst.

Now I think about to switch to Illustrator for Web design/Layouts to get a better workflow and have a cleaner template. What do you think? Can you guys recommend this?

For example I have to work on a big project now which needs 10 different pages to be designed (mobile UI).. I think Illustrator is better for that, isnt it?

And sorry for my bad english!

Cheers,
    ken

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Personally i wouldnt. I understand your assumption but i feel Ps works best for web. It has a better grid system, it handles photos more, if you use gradients you wont like them in illustrator.

What i think you are struggling with is Layer Organization. This is something i had a problem with at first but once i started to better structure and label my layers i quickly got more comfortable working in Ps on large files.

A tool is a tool and that is all that Ps and Ai are, tools. The way you work is very subjective and depends on your preference. You may not agree and I am sure there are other members on here who will do both. Try it out and see what you think. You may very well work better in Ai, but just a heads up, layers are even more confusing on Ai so get comfortable with the structure of these layers before switching.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Hayden123 likes this.

Member #
    I usually use Illustrator, but a lot of people I know use Photoshop. With that being said I also agree with Vapr_Arts, I think it comes mostly down to your opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I actually like *GASP* Fireworks. Nice combo of raster and vector.

Remove Ads