Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need to feed reviews into website and need script to move images on rollover

Hi all,

I am new here so kindly correct me if my post is inappropriate (emphasis on kind).

I need two things to complete a website for a small client of mine (they don't have much money).

I need to know how to feed the reviews that the company receives from Yelp, Google+ and Facebook into a page on their new website. If there is a single app/script that can do this, that would be great. If not, please advise if each of these sources have their own method for capturing reviews and feeding them for public viewing to their website.

Second, I need to know how to make images move when a user scrolls over them. Like the example in this site: Pearls Olives.

As my profile states, I'm a content provider who gets talked into doing these redesigns for people who haven't a lot of money for someone who is an expert. So, the easier the method, or the more complete the instructions, the better for me in carrying out the task. I'm a very good writer and a decent designer. I get HTML5 and CSS3 but beyond that, so far as functionality on the web, I'm a beginner.

I'd appreciate any response or help. Thanks!

Laurie

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    The animation part looks like they are using this:
    Animate.css

The feed part will be harder. Each of those (facebook, google+, yelp, twitter, etc) have their own API that a programmer can use to fetch the latest entries or news.

Is your website a custom site that you created, or is it something that uses WordPress?
    Can you show us a link to your site?

Member #
    @mlseim,

Wow, that animate.css looks like it could be exactly what I need. Thank you!!

I do not yet have pages ready to view. I did think that it might be the case that each would have to be handled individually. That is Google+ feed, separate Facebook, separate Yelp, etc. I will begin looking into the requirements for each. And, again, thank you for the response. The animate.css looks perfect for what I need and the advice on feeds let's me head in the right direction with more confidence.

Laurie

Remove Ads