Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Different Contrast of Images - Need Help!!

Hi guys,

i just started to create a new Website for our Company. After doing some design templates at home i noticed that the black-contrast of some of my images look very different on the monitor at home and at work.

I goggled some time but after using several images to adjust my brightness and contrast i just figured out that it doesn´t help at all, since my monitor at home got a way higher DFC.

I have a good example to show you guys the effect:
    Go to Technomax LLC, click on "Team" in the Navigation bar and scroll a bit up so you can see the black bar with "We´re excited about..." in it.

Now, on my Monitor at Home, i can see all the black Icons in the background and even the background pattern which looks like a map or something. If i look at the same page at work, i only see a black bar and can barely identify the black icons, but only like half of them. The map-like-pattern is non existent on this monitor.

I want to make a background pattern of black cubes for our Website. At work it looks great but at home it looks more gray and not black. If i change the color to look good at home, i just have a black screen at work and the cubes are obscured.

Now my question...what should i do in this case? Do we just have ****** Monitors at work and i should design it at home or should i try to make it visible on every monitor and accept that it looks way brighter on better monitors then intended?

Please tell me which of you can see the map-like-pattern and the black icons on the page i posted above and who doesn´t. This would help me to figure out if my work or home monitor is the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Corovus; Mar 05th, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I can see the map and black icons and you should calibrate monitor on work place.
    On the other side, as a web designer, you have to think about users who don't calibrate or have bad monitors as they are potential customers too. Page has to look good for everyone as much as possible.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I don't think it makes a difference. People will be seeing the text on top of that background. They won't even focus their eyes or pay any attention to the background.

Sasha probably knows more about "perception of vision" and art, than anyone else on this forum

Remove Ads