Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How to display multiple (if not hundreds) of PDFs on single page

So, I'm working with a government/public agency and their new website, and there are several pages where, by law, they have to give access to PDF files. A few of these pages have A LOT of PDF files. For example, this page I'm working on now has 106 PDF files, all individually linked. Also important to know is that these PDFs are very long; several have over 150 pages.

How would you deal with this volume of PDFs and content? Should I be thinking about a different file format? Yes, people will need to occasionally print these files, which is why PDFs may work best. But I'm not sure, as I've never tackled this particular kind of project.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Do you mean display a download link (dialog box) for each one? or do you expect that you can open them and display them directly in your HTML.

If you need to display a list of links to them where clicking them opens a "dialog box" (view or save-as), let me know. PHP can generate the list w/links automatically if all of your PDF files are in the same directory. Your page would need to be .php not .html

Also provide a brief example of how the list should look ... as in the HTML/CSS layout.

Remove Ads