Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwayne1964

Thread: Proweaver.com?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Proweaver.com?

Has anybody had any experience with these folks? The sent me 2 design mock-ups for my website and I thought they looked good, and way more professional than mine.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's going to be a tough question to find an answer to, simply because most of us in here are designers and (in rare cases) developers ourselves. As such, we generally wouldn't be customers of theirs. It's a good question, but you probably won't get the answer here.

With that said, on the surface there is some cause for concern.

4147554720 - who calls me from 414-755-4720? 1/2 <-- the review from Angel seems a little off-base...I usually take any poorly-written review in all caps with a grain of salt, although there's enough to make me question the company. The part that concerns me is that they cold-call telemarket ("Joe"'s comment). No business worth its salt, especially an online marketing business, should have to cold call anyone.

949-390-9744 / 9493909744

This doesn't mean they are an illegitimate company as such, but I'd definitely proceed with caution.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thank you. I wish I could afford to spend 2000-3000 on a site but this is a part-time thing for me and I am only hoping to get 2-4 sales a month from it. I actually work as a paramedic and sell insurance as well. I just don't think it's anywhere near my budget to have a truly customized site built. That's what I'm up against. But I certainly need something better than the one I built.

I also realize that me asking a developer to judge another developer is like someone speaking to me about insurance they are going to buy elsewhere.
    Last edited by dwayne1964; Mar 13th, 2015 at 08:36 AM.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, that's one way of looking at it.

My suggestion to you, in your particular case, is something I don't normally recommend...get someone who knows WP to either find you a theme or use the one you already have, customize it, add whatever plugins are necessary and leave it at that. You can probably get something like that done for a few hundred dollars and more or less get what you want.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads