Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question Interactive Jewelry Customizing Application

I'd first like to provide a little bit of background as to better state what I would like to accomplish. My girlfriend owns a store that sells home decor as well as customizable jewelry. The jewelry places great emphasis on its interchangeability in the sense that you can pop off one faceplate and put another on the same wristband. With addition to this you also have the option to add charms onto the clips as well. I was wondering if it would be possible to create an embedded application on a webpage that would be able to superimpose the image of any faceplate onto any wristband as well as charms and such. I imagine this would be possible but I am unsure if it would be a javascript application or if there is a better way to handle the idea? I am decently proficient in java so if a javascript application would be realistic that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance for any incite you could possibly offer,

jneether

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    First off Java and Javascript are not even close to the same language.

I wouldnt know for sure where to begin but I can assume it will require a database of images so you will need a backend language to speak to your DB. In that case my go to would be PHP but thats not your only option, PHP has some alternatives you could choose from. You would still need Javascript(not java) as well. This is just speculation tho. Someone more experienced may be able to answer more accurately.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    It can all be done with PNG type images.

Each little piece is a PNG image with a transparent background.

PHP can place PNG images over a background image, which would be the wristband. The images can be placed anywhere, so you would have specific locations on the wristband image defined for placing faceplate and charms.

Upload a wristband image and some charm images and I can provide an example. Give us a link to the images.

Member #
    Ah I see, I have been messing around with a few images in gimp to try it out. I see what you are saying. I will have to ask the gf if it is okay to share the images just due to it being her business if you know what I mean.

Remove Ads