Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Yurlov
  • 1 Post By WPshaheb

Thread: HTML vs. WordPress - which would be better here?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question HTML vs. WordPress - which would be better here?

I am in the process of building a website using html, javascript, css and a little php. I'm loving the challenge of building it from the ground-up, and learning a lot along the way. However, I've been told that WordPress is a lot easier to work with (and probably faster for me as an intermediate), and it's better for dynamic content.

My site's purpose:
    My site consists of a simple landing page that contains a sign-up form, and once the user submits the form, they are redirected to a second page in order to enter some keywords. They are then transferred to a third page that will display custom results for them. Since page three is custom to that particular user, I assume WordPress would be ideal for this.

Since WordPress is so simple, I fear that it will constrict my growth in terms of learning a skill (coding, web design). I also fear that if my site grows, I may not be able to implement custom scripts/functions to my site if WordPress doesn't support it. Thoughts?

Note: Each user will be automatically logged-in to my site once they submit their email. This means I'll need a membership function to show dynamic content depending on the user.

Perhaps I should use WordPress and simply learn coding on the side?

Please give your opinion, thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    It is always better to learn coding from scratch rather and using WordPress's bloated code. Everything you mentioned can be done without wordpress without to much trouble. If you plan on making this you're career choice then I would say without a doubt go for the hand coding rather and a CMS (at least at first). Some clients may want a content management system (CMS) like WordPress in which case you use it because its just easier for the client to update. WordPress in my opinion will definitely constrict you're growth as a web developer.
    mergatroid likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Both are best . BUT now a days WordPress is a next big thing . HTML is also an important . You can use both. HTML is basic of all you can't ignore both

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can use any of them. If you have good knowledge on HTML and CSS then you can go for HTML. But I don't think only with HTML you can create a dynamic website. If you want to create a dynamic website then you need to use wordpress. It is easy to maintain and use.
    mergatroid likes this.

Member #
    WordPress have a lots of predefined codex, so you may use HTML and PHP instead of using CMS. from Your Reply i hope you can create a page using HTML and PHP or ASP.NET .

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    What you described in your "site's purpose" ... that's it?

They won't need to add or change keywords?
    Will they need to be able to change their profile (like email or password)?
    What is behind the "custom results"? Is that some other database that you manage (as an admin person)?
    What are the "custom results"?

Maybe you simply need a responsive HTML template with some PHP/MySQLi scripting.

It depends on the other "features and requirements" that you are not telling us about.

Remove Ads