Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sasha_bolcina
  • 1 Post By sasha_bolcina

Thread: CMS or Manual Coding

Member #

CMS or Manual Coding

Hello Everybody

Which is better using Content Management Systems CMS (WordPress- Joomla ...etc.) or using Manual coding (HTML- CSS ...etc.) ? and why ?

Thanks for support

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    CMS framework is better if your customer will not asking for complex things CMS doesn't support, like complex user management or high level of customisation. If so, you will spend a lot of time for manual coding extensions and plugins for CMS.
    Manual coding is better if you are experienced programmer and can make your code reusable, in case your customer have complex requirement and often change his mind.

As an example, I started with my small custom php CMS engine with few mysql tables (users, pages, contents, languages, privileges and relation tables between them), structure similar to MVC with one main controller page to switch pages per url, load templates and authorize users and few helper classes (to send emails and similar). Now the engine satisfies 90% of my customer needs. Sometimes I have to add more functionality but it will be ready for next customer.

Member #
    Hello Sasha,

Thank you very much for your kind clarification

Which CMS tool you usually use and recommend (WordPress - Joomla - Drupal ...etc.)

Thanks for your support

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Thanks sooby,

I didn't use any cms tool to do something for customers for about 10 years. Before that I use Joomla few times. I'm not right person to recommend you any. Read posts on forum and you will find enough info to make decision.

Remove Ads