Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Adobe and Options Advice

I haven't done much since the 1990's when I was in school. I ended up in construction and made a decent living. I am now changing directions. I have been exploring options for making money online. I want to do some things with e-Commerce.

I am going to build some sites and generally play around and see what I can do.

From all the reading I have done here it seems to me that the best option is to use Adobe software. I really don't have a problem spending the $75 a month for the Creative Cloud. My question is this, I want to build a quality product: Am I best off learning to use these products in order to do it right? Cheap tools never worked for me in construction, am I right assuming the same here?

It seems to me that Adobe will offer me a good tool kit to do anything I want to try.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I'm not very familiar with what you're looking at (the Adobe software).

There are three parts to your project.
    1) The webhosting part with domain name, web hosting account, database, physical website files.
    2) The scripting/development part. Server-side scripting that makes your website run, such as PHP
    3) The design part (what the website looks like, graphics, etc). This is what I think your Adobe software is for.

So I'm guessing you're talking about part #3.

You have a really tough road ahead ... to learn about PHP scripting and databases.

And all of that has nothing to do with actually installing, configuring, and running an online ecommerce website.

What do you plan on selling online?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    $75 for creative cloud? Holy ****!! I got a student discount so mine was $20 for awhile n then moved up to $30

You are not completely wrong in that adobe is a great set of software to use. Still for $75 you wont even use half of the stuff it gives you!

I have the full creative suite but for websites i only need photoshop really.. Illustrator is good to have too but not required for sites! They discontinued their Adobe Edge Code and had us all switch to Brackets which is the same software just an open source version.

You honestly need no fancy tools to build a site. Thats the great thing about programming! You could do it all in a basic text editor. The only thing that software like Brackets adds is small features that make life a lil easier.. Like adding colors to specific things to help read the code you are writing easier. Nothing that will really give you any advantage over someone who shares the same knowledge as you.

In fact i could pay for all the fanciest tools in the world and it wouldnt make my sites any better than without it. In this case it matters more about what you know than the tools you have!

My opinion.. Dont waste the $75 a month on the full suite.. Get the subscription to Photoshop n download Brackets/Sublime text/notepadd++ and start building!

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads