Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Online Repair State System

I need a system to do this:

A customer goes to the store, deliver a mobile phone or tablet and the employee fills out an online form with several fields. After validating, it generates a username and password for the client to access the status of the product. When the job is done, the employee gives as delivered in the admin panel and the customer no longer has access to it.

Do you know any?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I don't know any, but it shouldn't be too hard to create on your own. Essentially the client would just be signing on to see updates on the process right? You could create a login and have the client directed to a page that you would update the status on? Im sure theres more elaborate ways of doing this and maybe even more automated but I assume you are either doing this on your own or are on a tight budget.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I would say it's fairly easy to do using PHP/MySQLi ... but I'm a programmer, so I have the process in my head.

In fact, I would even take photos of the item to identify dents, scratches, etc. Protect yourself when they come back and claim you scratched it. Those photos become part of the "item profile".

You're basically creating a profile of each item brought in. You just send them an email with a coded URL. Whenever they wish to view status, they open that email and click the link. They won't even need to login for that.

There might already be something available to purchase? In any event, it would have to be customized for your own use.

If I were hired for this, I would probably charge $500. That's assuming you already have a shared webhost with an existing website (webhost like GoDaddy).

Remove Ads