Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Help me! I will pay. Very short on time!

Hello,
    I would like to state my problem and explain myself, I hope for help.
    My problem is that I need to learn how to or at least where to start on putting a webshop in a website already made. I have some experience in CSS/HTML but it is very basic and I understand how it works and that it is not easy at all.
    My problem is that I recently applied for a job as a service man in a mobile service buisness, at the interview I kinda said I know basic web design, I am a graphic designer with little CSS/HTML experience, but I really just want to work there and repair phones since I am in a very bad condition with my life right now and I really need a job which is very hard to find in my country. The boss noticed my web design information and he asked if I could do something about putting a webshop on his page, I didn't want to say no because I really wanted the job
    so here I am.
    So a month after the interview he called me and said I could start working on trial, the first few days I repaired phones but today he asked me about the webshop and showed me an example of a webshop he would like to have on his website. From talking to him I noticed that he doesn't know anything about web design, coding or anything related. He kinda thinks it's easy. I had no choice and I agreed to do it.
    I some of you will say that I should come clean or try to explain it to him, but that will probably cost me the
    job so I kinda have to do it to save myself.
    I plan to charge him money and saying it is for my friend who helped me or something like that. I will give that money to you, I really just need the job.
    So please help me If you are good people, you will save my life. I am truly lost.
    I need advices on where to start at least so I can pretend to do it so I can stall till monday.
    I will give the money to the person who helps me the most or split it if you agree to work in a team or something. I was thinking charging him 200-300 euro is reasonable to still keep the job. If it is to small for you, say the price and I will try to get more money.
    PLEASE HELP!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Give us a link to the example webshop that he would like to see.

Private message me with the URL to your mobile service website if you don't want to make that public.

I want to see where you are currently at.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    I still say come clean about it, explain to him its out of your league but that you can help guide him to the solution. Explain that you will do essentially what you are trying to do now and be a middle man. Reason I say this is because he may expect you to be able to do other things and honestly you can't stall forever. In my experience its better to come clean than to try and be sneaky about it all. That is your choice tho, just be warned this may not be over after this project!

We definitely need to see the webshop he wants. I wouldnt post the url here as it may get back to him, do like Mlseim said and send it through a pm.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Remove Ads