Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Finding website source files

Hi there,

(I'm not 100% sure this is the correct place to post this, but the help will be appreciated none the less)

I was recently asked to create a user content section(via Joomla) for the company I am working for.

Everything is now working correctly. There is however one change they would like me to make.
    On the "add new document" page there is a permission and publishing section which is unnecessary and should be removed. Apparently this can only be removed that deleting and configuring that specific html and php file. I do have access to the ftp server where I need to edit these files. I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find the files.

Is there someway(via inspect element or something) that I can find the source or directory of these files?

Or any other advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I wish this were a WordPress question. I'm not familiar with Joomla.

Joomla has templates, like wordpress. I would guess the changes would be there only. Don't edit any Joomla files outside of your template. Try Googling "joomla template edit", or contact the template author if you can find out who that is.

Remove Ads